Lanvin's Hightop Cap Toe Sneaker

Lanvin's Hightop Cap Toe Sneaker

So, color me just delighted. Lanvin is known for a lot of different styles, but I never thought I’d see the day when I’d see the brand come up with such a cool take on an old favorite.

See, I’m a fan of hightops. Old school Converse are my favorites and probably always will be, so as you might imagine, I’m a purist with a rabid opinion of the many Converse duplicates floating around out there. But I will say loudly and proudly that I think Lanvin’s Hightop Cap Toe Sneaker ($389 at Barneys) is a worthy usurper of the Chuck Taylor throne.

These sneakers are just adorable, not to mention highly stylish. Now, the sneaker itself is made out of denim. If you need to take a minute here, please do; I’ll wait. Denim, I’ll grant you, should rarely ever be used to make anything except jeans, but these … I really don’t mind these. I don’t think they look the way many other denim based shoes look. Maybe it’s because the cap toe is actually metallic – metallic leather, to be precise. It looks gorgeous against the blue. And then you have the laces, which aren’t really laces at all. Cleverly and artfully, Lanvin instead uses grosgrain ribbon.

Without question, this is a new take on a universal and well known favorite. Lanvin has taken a hoi polloi fashion staple and made it haute couture. But the question remains: should denim ever be used for shoes? Or should it remain solely the property of skinny jeans and, just occasionally, ironic jean jackets?
Share on :
Lanvin's Hightop Cap Toe Sneaker
Lanvin's Hightop Cap Toe Sneaker
Reviewed by Delet
Published :
Rating : 4.5