The Dress For Wedding

H77001-Wedding-Gown

So how do you make sure that you look like a Queen and not .. well, not something else!? You listen and watch your body. And I’ll tell you how to do that.

We are all shaped differently weather we like it or not. I know, I know… we all want to look like Paris Hilton with those long legs and thin toned arms right? Well, you are not Paris Hilton, so get over it! You are you and that is something very special! Be proud of the way you are.

I am half Swedish and half Scottish. I have long lean muscles like the Swedish girls do, however, I have do have very broad shoulders and muscular thighs from my Scottish ancestry. Now for my Wedding dress I really wanted a mermaid style dress. You know, where it’s tight all the way down and flares right there at the knees. Well, as much as my soon to be husband loved every inch of me he had to honestly tell me that it was not the right style for my particular body because of my broad shoulders.

Vintage Wedding Gown


I was angry and insisted it’s what all the stars wear and that its beautiful. He agreed that all the stars and famous people wore those, but also reminded me that half of them starve themselves and are stick thin, which I am not, nor every want or will be!

After giving it some thought I found a dress that mimicked the mermaid style dress, but that was a bit more accommodating to my body style. It extenuated the beautiful parts of my body and hit the not so "up to par parts."

I know you may think it mean that my husband did that, however, I couldn’t be more grateful to him. If I would of chosen the mermaid style because Hollywood always does, I would have been self –conscious all night and would of just hated the pictures and videos of my Wedding day. Instead, when I look back, I see a glowing Queen that is happy with herself and in love!

Wedding Gown Ideas


So here are some of my suggestions. First, get online and figure out your body style. Are you a pear shape, an orange, and apple, a banana, an hourglass, etc? There are a lot of different names that we call different shapes and sizes, so find your shape!

Once you’ve found your shape, fall in love with yourself. If you are unhappy with the way you look, others will notice that. So either fall in love with your shape and embrace it, or change it. Work out, tone up, or fill out more, whatever you feel like you need to do to be happy… than do it! It’s a good life lesson anyways.

Once you’ve either learned to love yourself or change something’s to make you more happy… then go out Wedding dress shopping.

Pear shapes, make sure you go for tighter on the top and flow on the bottom making your upper body more defined as your big bottom half is slenderized by the beautiful flow bottom part of the dress.

Banana shapes, you are the ones that can do mermaid styles in you like. If not, then try and go for things that are tighter all around. Banana shaped being to look very frumpy when the go for bigger dresses.

Oranges, you have a harder time. Wither you are just bigger, or bigger boned, this is a hard shape to work with. But I’ll tell you what the best idea for you is. Go with a tight dress! I know, you think that’s crazy right, well, here is the kicker… over the dress wear a sheer shall that drapes across your back and is held by your arms and covers that tummy in the front. It allows you not to be so frumpy, but not skin tight where you feel uncomfortable all night. You will be happy with that decision.
Share on :
The Dress For Wedding
The Dress For Wedding
Reviewed by Delet
Published :
Rating : 4.5