Dancing with the Stars Cast – Season 11


This week while enjoying my new favorite Primetime guilty pleasure, The Bachelor Pad, I was excited to find out that I would be getting an added bonus. ABC was ready to announce the not-so-secret new contestants on Dancing with the Stars. The past few seasons have brought about some entertaining choices. From the charismatic and fun (Chad Ochocinco, Evan Lysacek) to the underdog (Kelly Osbourne) to the borderline professional dancer (Nicole Scherzinger, Mya) there are usually a number of stars to root for. This year, I’m not sure I’m all that impressed.

Don’t get me wrong. All of the contestants are well known and represent many facets of Hollywood past, present and future. ABC was clearly trying to cover as many audience types as possible. There’s a contestant for the Disney Channel viewer, sport fanatic, Nick at Nite rerun fan, reality show follower and political pundit. And herein lies what I think is the biggest problem. ABC may have covered all of its bases in terms of television viewers, but they didn’t find a contestant that would be of universal interest. They’ve varied the cast a bit too much, without finding a big star to draw big crowds.

Here’s the cast for Dancing with the Stars Season 11: Michael Bolton, Brandy, Margaret Cho, Rick Fox, Jennifer Grey, David Hasselhoff, Florence Henderson, Kyle Massey, Bristol Palin, Audrina Patridge, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and Kurt Warner. What do you think of the selections? Will you be watching? Do you have a favorite already? Are there any stars you will be watching the show specifically to see? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Although I don’t watch The Hills, I think I might be most interested in watching Audrina Patridge. (Next up would probably be The Situation and Kurt Warner.) I’ve seen her give various interviews and she has always struck me as a seemingly sweet girl. Audrina is pictured above at The Hills Farewell Party in London this summer. She’s wearing one of this season’s biggest boot trends – flat tall boots. (I actually bought a pair of knee-high, suede brown boots for myself yesterday!) If you’re looking for something similar to Audrina’s boots, I would recommend the Indigo by Clarks Petit Syrah Boot. If you want to copy the look, but are ready to graduate to over-the-knee black boots, check out the ZiGi Meredith Boot. If equestrian or riding boots are more your style, take a look at the Timberland Earthkeepers Cabot Boot.
Share on :
Dancing with the Stars Cast – Season 11
Dancing with the Stars Cast – Season 11
Reviewed by Delet
Published :
Rating : 4.5